What is Lux?
Lux is a unit of illuminance used to measure the intensity of illumination. In the context of LED lighting, lux refers to the amount of light falling on a specific surface. A higher number of lux indicates a more powerful and brighter illumination on that specific surface.
When assessing the LED lighting of vehicles, it is important to understand the lux values, as this can help determine the suitability of the lighting for various driving conditions and applications. A good understanding of lux can also help ensure compliance with regulations concerning the brightness and efficiency of vehicle lighting.
What is the connection between Lux and Lumen?
Lux is a measure of luminous intensity, while lumen is a measure of the total amount of visible light emitted by a light source. Lux measures the amount of light falling on a specific surface, while lumen indicates the total light output of a light source, regardless of where the light is shining.
One lux is equal to one lumen per square meter (lm/m²). This means that if you know the luminous flux of a source in lumens and the surface area on which the light falls in square meters, you can calculate the illuminance in lux. Conversely, if you have the illuminance in lux and know the size of the surface, you can calculate the luminous flux in lumens.
What is the best thing to look out for?
When choosing LED vehicle lighting, there are several key factors to consider:
- Light output (lumen): Check the light output of the LED bulbs. A higher number of lumens indicates brighter illumination.
- Energy efficiency: Pay attention to the energy consumption of the LED lighting. Choose bulbs that are more efficient compared to traditional bulbs, thereby saving the vehicle's battery.
- Light Color and Temperature: Consider the desired light color and temperature, as different conditions call for different types of lighting. Choose warmer colors, for example, for better visibility in foggy weather.
- Durability: Check the durability and lifespan of the LED bulbs. Opt for products that are long-lasting and resistant to the vibrations and shocks commonly experienced in vehicles.
- Regelgeving: Zorg ervoor dat de LED-verlichting voldoet aan de geldende regelgeving en normen voor voertuigverlichting in jouw regio. Hierdoor voorkom je mogelijke juridische complicaties en zorg je voor de veiligheid op de weg.
By taking these factors into account, you can choose the most suitable LED lighting that meets the requirements for safety, efficiency, and reliability for your vehicle.
For advice on the right lamp for your situation, you can always contact our technical team.